Extending your community or campus Safe Walk program
Campus and commercial building Safe Walk programs can be limited by:
- Dependence on volunteers and resources;
- Physical service ranges for staff (8-10 block radius of campus / building security can’t leave premises);
- Only able to serve students / staff / commuters in one direction, leaving the campus or building, not arriving.
A Safer Walk provides women:
- A free 24/7 online service;
- Driven by women on the go in your community, no volunteers required;
- Potential walk / cab rides / transit commutes going to-and-from destinations;
- A woman-only experience;
- Multiple walk options and scheduled flexibility;
- Ability to connect with other women off-campus (ie. events);
- More focused and direct trips for users avoiding ‘milk route’ delivery for large walk groups;
- No zero-sum for matching students with walks.